For more than ten years, the Lower Shore Career Development Center has served residents in Salisbury, MD. The Center provides job readiness skills training, clerical & computer skills training, job placement assistance and career counseling to the Lower Eastern Shore by working with a variety of local agencies, such as the Department of Rehabilitations, Department of Social Services, Mental Health Department and One Stop Job Market in an effort to assist disadvantaged individuals with obtaining employment.
Skills Training Program includes:
- Clerical & Computer (12 week self-paced curriculum) which includes the latest in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Email & Internet Use, Keyboarding and Data Entry along with Office Practices, English & Proofreading, Business Etiquette & Records Management. Job Search techniques and leads are also provided.
- Quick Books (6 week instructional training) - a computerized accounting program to learn the basic of operating a general business or office. When completed, their knowledge will have expanded to the accounting principles of day to day operations including setting up new accounts, recording and reporting of receivables and payables, payroll functions, inventory and scheduling.
- Customer Service & Cashier Training - 2 week classroom instructional training program that prepares for competitive employment in retail, banking and the administrative office market. The tools and resources demonstrate the necessity of customer service to grow a better business and productive employee.
Upon completion of all trainings, students are publicly recognized in a graduation celebration and receive a certificate of completion along with a final grade report. Individuals who do not have a sponsoring agency may be eligible for a “Career Center Scholarship.”
Project ReConnect Program assists returning citizens with career development services who are about to re-integrate into society and the workforce. We assist with:
- Job Preparedness (5 week training) that specializes in workshop topics to assist and eliminate barriers in creating smooth transition for those with criminal background. Topics include career exploration, self-assessment, workplace ethics, job search resources and job retention skills.
- Placement Assistance - assist graduating participants in identifying job openings, provide coaching, mock interviews and social service support.
Our efforts are to assist our customers in making the transition from unemployment to becoming successful, contributing members of their communities.
|Lower Shore Career Center|
|700 South Salisbury Street
Salisbury, MD 21801