Follow us on Facebook for the latest news!
- Lisa Rusyniak, President & CEO of Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake has recently been appointed to the Governor’s Workforce Investment Board (GWIB). The GWIB is a business-led board of 45 members, a majority of whom represent the business community, as mandated by the Workforce Investment Act of 1998. The GWIB has two key workforce priorities—a properly prepared workforce that meets the current and future demands of Maryland employers, and providing opportunities for all Marylanders to succeed in the 21st century workforce.
Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, will be opening a new retail store on Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 9 a.m. The new store is located at 1012 York Road in Towson, MD. Located just inside the beltway, the new store will be open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake announced today it will host a job fair at its headquarters in Baltimore on Wednesday, May 7, 2014 as part of its Goodwill Industries Week celebration. Every year during the first full week of May, Goodwill agencies across the United States and Canada celebrate the power of work through local events and promotions. As part of its mission of providing job training and placement services, Goodwill is hosting the career fair to help local residents find employment.
Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. has recently renamed its Welfare to Work program to the FOCUSED program. FOCUSED (Families on Course Utilizing Services for Economic and Educational Development) works with individuals transitioning off government assistance programs, and provides them with job skills, work experience and staff support to enter the workforce.
Goodwill partners with a network of over 600 businesses, community service organizations and government agencies that support its goal to match individuals with employment opportunities in the community. Goodwill prepares and places individuals who are seeking independence and self-sufficiency. In 2013, approximately 2,750 individuals received services through the FOCUSED program with 750 placed into jobs.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. is proud to announce it has been selected a “Preferred Training Partner” for the Purple Line and the Red Line light rail projects scheduled to start in 2015. On February 21st, Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley announced the selection of the 16 partners for the projects which will create more than 6,800 jobs. Goodwill will provide job training and job placement assistance
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake placed over 2,532 people into jobs in the Baltimore metro area and the Eastern Shore in 2013. This is the largest number of people Goodwill has placed into jobs in a single year in its 95 year history.
- Goodwill will hold a grand opening for its newest retail location, GoodDeals, on Wednesday, January 29th, 2014 in Rosedale, MD. The new store is located at 6255 A Kenwood Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21237 and will be open Tuesday through Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. until 7 p.m. GoodDeals is Goodwill’s newest retail concept that features fifty percent off regular retail prices on clothing and linens, the only items sold in the store.
- Goodwill will hold its 14th Annual Goodwill Gridiron Halloween Party on October 28, 2013. The party will take place at Dave & Buster's at Arundel Mills Mall from 7 pm to midnight. This year's hosts are Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens Dennis Pitta, Ed Dickson, Arthur Jones and Michael Oher. Tickets are available at GoodwillGridiron.com
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc.'s President and CEO Lisa Rusyniak was honored as a Daily Record Most Admired CEO. Lisa was also recognized as the winner in the nonprofit category at SmartCEO's Circle of Excellence Awards!
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. is now accepting enrollment for its Youth Merchandising Training classes. The 12-week course begins July 22 but enrollment is available through August 12. Participants receive 12 weeks of nationally certified customer service training, a stipend for program participation, up to 6 weeks of paid retail training and job placement assistance upon completion. For more information, click here.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. is now offering help for individuals 55+ who need job placement assistance in Harford & Cecil Counties. A new partner of the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), participants are paid the minimum wage while they gain skills working part-time in nonprofit or public agencies. Beginning July 1, 2013, Goodwill will administer SCSEP on behalf of Senior Service America, the national SCSEP grantee in Maryland. For more information, click here.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. was selected as the winner of the Maryland Business Breakthrough Award in the 200+ employee category from the Maryland Chamber of Commerce. In 2001, the Maryland Chamber of Commerce, along with its local chamber and association partners, established a new program to recognize the excellence in innovation, growth and entrepreneurial spirit of Maryland’s small businesses. Renamed the Maryland Business Breakthrough Awards in 2013, the recognition is presented based on company size, growth and innovation, competitiveness in the market and contributions to the community. Judging for the awards is done by representatives of Maryland's business media.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. President and CEO Lisa Rusyniak was named a SmartCEO Brava! Award winner for 2013. SmartCEO’s Brava! Awards program celebrates top female CEOs who combine their irrepressible entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for giving back to the community. Brava award winners are exemplary leaders of their companies and in the community who encourage local philanthropy, mentor fellow CEOs and their companies on the path to tremendous growth.
- Goodwill was just named one of Baltimore Magazines Best Places to Work for 2013. To read more, click here.
- Goodwill receives the “Standards for Excellence” Seal from Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations. To read more, click here.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. President and CEO Lisa Rusyniak named a Daily Record Influential Marylander! The Daily Record honors people who have made significant impacts in their fields and are leaders in the state. To read more, click here.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. named a Baltimore Sun Top Workplace! For the second year in a row, Goodwill was named a top workplace by the Baltimore Sun. To read more, click here.
- You Never Know What You’re Going to Find at Goodwill! A woman visiting a Goodwill store in Milwaukee stumbled upon a lithograph by American artist Alexander Calder, which turned out to be worth $9,000. View the full story here.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. was named a Future50 company by SmartCEO magazine. Future50 recognizes the fastest growing companies in the area. To read more, click here.
- Goodwill Feeds Over 3,000 During the 57th Annual Thanksgiving Dinner and Resource Fair
- Goodwill Industries Named the 2nd Largest Nonprofit in America. Read more here.
- Goodwill Industries Named One of America’s 25 Most Inspiring Companies. Goodwill Industries was named one of Forbes magazine’s 25 Most Inspiring Companies by American consumers. The list was based on results from consulting firm Performance Inspired, Inc., which surveyed 2,175 consumers online. Respondents listed the five companies they found most inspirational and why, and Goodwill was amongst the top 25 companies.See Goodwill featured here and read more about the survey here.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. named a Strategic Alliance Award winner by the Greater Baltimore Committee’s “Bridging the Gap” awards. Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake partners with Baltimore City Community College to provide students life-skills training and connects students who have completed the college's workforce training to minority and majority-owned employers in Baltimore. To read more, click here.