Follow our blog for the latest news or view some short snippets below.
- Goodwill will hold its 14th Annual Goodwill Gridiron Halloween Party on October 28, 2013. The party will take place at Dave & Buster's at Arundel Mills Mall from 7 pm to midnight. This year's hosts are Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens Dennis Pitta, Ed Dickson, Arthur Jones and Michael Oher. Tickets are available at GoodwillGridiron.com
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc.'s President and CEO Lisa Rusyniak was honored as a Daily Record Most Admired CEO. Lisa was also recognized as the winner in the nonprofit category at SmartCEO's Circle of Excellence Awards!
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. is now accepting enrollment for its Youth Merchandising Training classes. The 12-week course begins July 22 but enrollment is available through August 12. Participants receive 12 weeks of nationally certified customer service training, a stipend for program participation, up to 6 weeks of paid retail training and job placement assistance upon completion. For more information, click here.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. is now offering help for individuals 55+ who need job placement assistance in Harford & Cecil Counties. A new partner of the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), participants are paid the minimum wage while they gain skills working part-time in nonprofit or public agencies. Beginning July 1, 2013, Goodwill will administer SCSEP on behalf of Senior Service America, the national SCSEP grantee in Maryland. For more information, click here.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. was selected as the winner of the Maryland Business Breakthrough Award in the 200+ employee category from the Maryland Chamber of Commerce. In 2001, the Maryland Chamber of Commerce, along with its local chamber and association partners, established a new program to recognize the excellence in innovation, growth and entrepreneurial spirit of Maryland’s small businesses. Renamed the Maryland Business Breakthrough Awards in 2013, the recognition is presented based on company size, growth and innovation, competitiveness in the market and contributions to the community. Judging for the awards is done by representatives of Maryland's business media.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. President and CEO Lisa Rusyniak was named a SmartCEO Brava! Award winner for 2013. SmartCEO’s Brava! Awards program celebrates top female CEOs who combine their irrepressible entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for giving back to the community. Brava award winners are exemplary leaders of their companies and in the community who encourage local philanthropy, mentor fellow CEOs and their companies on the path to tremendous growth.
- Goodwill was just named one of Baltimore Magazines Best Places to Work for 2013. To read more, click here.
- Goodwill receives the “Standards for Excellence” Seal from Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations. To read more, click here.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. President and CEO Lisa Rusyniak named a Daily Record Influential Marylander! The Daily Record honors people who have made significant impacts in their fields and are leaders in the state. To read more, click here.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. named a Baltimore Sun Top Workplace! For the second year in a row, Goodwill was named a top workplace by the Baltimore Sun. To read more, click here.
- You Never Know What You’re Going to Find at Goodwill! A woman visiting a Goodwill store in Milwaukee stumbled upon a lithograph by American artist Alexander Calder, which turned out to be worth $9,000. View the full story here.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. was named a Future50 company by SmartCEO magazine. Future50 recognizes the fastest growing companies in the area. To read more, click here.
- Goodwill Feeds Over 3,000 During the 57th Annual Thanksgiving Dinner and Resource Fair
- Goodwill Industries Named the 2nd Largest Nonprofit in America. Read more here.
- Goodwill Industries Named One of America’s 25 Most Inspiring Companies. Goodwill Industries was named one of Forbes magazine’s 25 Most Inspiring Companies by American consumers. The list was based on results from consulting firm Performance Inspired, Inc., which surveyed 2,175 consumers online. Respondents listed the five companies they found most inspirational and why, and Goodwill was amongst the top 25 companies.See Goodwill featured here and read more about the survey here.
- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. named a Strategic Alliance Award winner by the Greater Baltimore Committee’s “Bridging the Gap” awards. Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake partners with Baltimore City Community College to provide students life-skills training and connects students who have completed the college's workforce training to minority and majority-owned employers in Baltimore. To read more, click here.